Other alimentary frauds
From Farm To Fork
Our mission is to provide highly innovative services to guarantee the regulatory compliance and the absence of growth promoters (i.e. corticosteroids and sexual steroids) during the whole bovine meat production chain, to ensure the animal well being and the safety of consumers.
Food safety is closely related to the identification of alimentary frauds during the whole food production chain.
Common examples of alimentary frauds are false declarations of the geographical origin, and the quality, composition and characteristics of foods.
SAFOOD offers specialized analysis for:
identification of GMOs
identification of specicif pathogens (e.g. Salmonella, Listeria monocytogenes)
We can help to complete your projects and studies quickly and efficiently with ad-hoc analysis tailored to your needs.
Some examples of recent services offered to our customers:
- DNA content and degree of decellularization
- Capillary Electrophoresis for RNA and DNA
- Fluorimetric quantification of DNA in cells and tissues (pico-Green)
- Determination of stable housekeeping genes by quantitative PCR
- Fluorimetric assays
- Viability and cytotoxicity tests (MTT, Neutral Red)
- Fraud identification of meat products (histological tests)